WAY BETTER THAN OBSESSION TELESCOPES!?
I have to admit, I'm very happy with my 20" Obsession. But I've started to wonder if I bought the right scope. I stopped by the local department store and bought a new 402X telescope that is very exciting indeed! I have to admit, it seems to be far superior to anything that Obsession has built. You can see a picture below. It has so many advantages. I listed them below.
1) It is almost 80 times cheaper! Don't bother paying $7000 dollars. I paid $89.99!
2) You can buy your scope immediately. Forget waiting for several months for an Obsession! They had several of them just sitting there in boxes all ready to go. This was like winning the lottery!! I was one of a select few who were lucky enough to find a once in a lifetime deal like this one! Once the news gets out they will run out in no time!
3) These scopes are easily transportable. I can throw it behind the seat of my car. I don't have to use the Explorer to cart around some gigantic scope and I don't have to take 20 minutes setting up and breaking down the scope. I can literally just toss it into the back seat of the car.
4) The amazing finder scope included in the deal!
5) The .965 in. eyepieces are unbeatable. They are virtually shatterproof if you drop them on the ground. This happens often as there is so much excitement when you pan to objects like Jupiter, Saturn and M13 in Hercules like the sketches below. The telescope weighs less than 10 pounds!
5) Forget about the alignment problems associated with the Obsession. You don't need to collimate the mirrors. You don't need a laser. Heck, this one comes aligned straight out of the box!
6) 402X is almost as good as my Obsession.
Do you need more proof? I took the scope out for first light. Here are a few sketches of objects that I was able to view the first day of purchase.
JUPITER SATURN M13
Here is a typical view using
This is what Jupiter looks like real-time using a 20" obsession Telescope. Want to see for yourself?
This is what M81 and M82 look like, real time using an Obsession Telescope.
If you've never surfed the heavens; if you haven't seen the gas bands of Jupiter and it's moons; if you haven't seen the Cassini rings of Saturn; if you haven't seen thousands of stars in the M13 cluster you need to come out for a view today! I'm not talking about taking CCD images and looking at them on a computer screen. I'm talking about seeing them real-time through a telescope. We don't do any imaging. We don't have to. We can see thousands of objects that would have to be photographed using CCD imaging with anything less than 20" of light gathering power.
Do you want to come out for a view! or call 734-476-6165
Disclaimer: Um ... for those of you without a brain... I was joking about the store telescope... Steve Park... Dork...